As marketers, we are constantly looking for ways to increase app installs and app page conversion rate (CVR) on the Apple App Store and Google Play. Testing can help you master your App Store Optimization (ASO) strategy by designing the right creative assets, delivering the most relevant messages, and matching user expectations.
Here are ten tips for increasing your app conversion rate and, as a result, app downloads in Google Play and IOS. Let's go over our app conversion rate optimization tips.
1. Improve the App's First Impression
CVR can be increased by up to 26% with an optimized first impression frame. Everything is important in the First Impression Frame.
You have about 3 seconds to explain what your app does to visitors. Visitors will exhibit one of two types of behavior during those few seconds.1. Decisive Visitors
Visitors who decide to install or leave without ever engaging with the page. These visitors are only exposed to creatives that appear in the First Impression Frame. Decisive visitors represent 60% of all app store traffic.2. Exploring Visitors
Visitors who choose to browse through available content on an app store page make a more informed decision before installing. Exploring Visitors represent the other 40% of all app store traffic.
The key is to concentrate on optimizing the most dominant marketing assets in each app store's First Impression Frame.
● You should concentrate on optimizing the First Impression Gallery in the Apple App Store.
● On Google Play, you should concentrate on improving the Feature Graphic.
2. Create unique creatives for each app store
It's critical to understand that what works in the Apple App Store may not work in Google Play—and vice versa. Why?
● Each app store page has a unique design (e.g., no autoplay feature on Google Play videos, image resolutions are different, content in the First Impression Frame, tag bubbles underneath the App Title, etcetera).
● Developers frequently direct different traffic to each store (i.e., different sources, campaigns, and ad banners).
● Because different apps are popular on each platform, the competition differs.
● Google's user base is not the same as that of iOS—their mindsets and preferences are fundamentally different.
Rember to avoid a "one size fits all" approach. We've discovered that using the same app creatives on both platforms can result in a 20%-30% decrease in iOS installs.
Click "Learn More
" to drive your apps & games
business with the ASO World app promotion
3. Produce an Effective App Video
CVR can be increased by up to 40% with a good app video.
App Preview in the iOS App Store
Because the App Preview Video is set to autoplay, the majority of product page visitors will only see the first few seconds of your app video. Because the average video watch time across all app categories is only 4-6.5 seconds, explain your app's main value propositions in the first 3 seconds.
Video on Google Play
Because Google Play Videos, unlike IOS, do not autoplay, only about 6% of visitors will watch the app video.
Google is expected to release a new Store Listing design that removes the Feature Graphic entirely and moves videos to the Gallery. The removal of the Feature Graphic will give the Gallery more prominence in the First Impression Frame. According to StoreMaven testing, the new Google Play design significantly increases the video watch rate.
Our data shows that if done correctly, videos can significantly increase CVR. Here are some points:
● Keep the app video brief.
● Begin the video with the most persuasive message.
● Each video asset should highlight a different aspect of your app.
● Don't rely on sound; instead, use subtitles, callouts, and other elements to contextualize the visuals.
4. Improve the Orientation of Your Screenshot Gallery
Screenshot testing can increase CVR by up to 28%. According to our data, leading mobile publishers test their Screenshots at least once a month. Optimizing the orientation of your Gallery is one type of test we recommend because it affects what visitors see when they land on your page.
Both stores allow you to choose between a landscape, portrait, or hybrid gallery orientation. Refer to our app store gallery orientation guide for a more detailed explanation and visual guide.
Every orientation has advantages and disadvantages. In the app First Impression Frame, landscape orientation allows you to focus on one key message while portrait orientation allows you to display multiple messages or unique selling propositions.
* Grow with our app growth solutions - choose a guaranteed app ranking service
for TOP 5 app ranking acquirement
, and maximize your app traffic. Or click the "Promote Now
" above (to increase app installs
service for app visibility).
* What Is the Keyword Guaranteed Ranking Service? What Is the Advantage of It?
5. Select a Screenshot Design Strategy for Your App
There are three types of screenshot design strategies:
● Feature-oriented Screenshots are actual app screenshots that highlight a variety of features and highlight unique value propositions. If your app's UI is a key differentiator in its category, this approach may be well received by your target audience.
● Lifestyle-oriented Screenshots are emotional images or visuals that incorporate real-world elements to convey a distinct way of life. These images have a stronger emotional connection to the app. We recommend testing this approach if your app's UI is not necessarily where the advantage of your app lies.
● Hybrid Screenshots are images that combine feature and lifestyle elements. This style frequently provides the best of both worlds—visitors see an image that is both emotionally appealing and accurately represents the functionality of your app.
6. Avoid Repetitive Messaging
Repetitive messaging is detrimental to exploration and conversion.
7. Improve Your Traffic Sources
You can now pinpoint which traffic sources are driving users to your Apple App Store Product Page with the update to App Analytics on iTunes Connect/App Store Connect. This allows you to uncover the untapped potential of a specific traffic source and optimize your marketing and UA campaigns.
8. Don't Ignore Localization—the It's Lowest Hanging Fruit!
App localization is one of the lowest-hanging fruits for increasing your app store conversion rate. What works in one country may not work in another. You can translate the app discussion and screenshots to the local language to effectively market your app in each regional store.
9. Consider Localization. Culturalization Taken a Step Further
Localizing your app is essential, but don't stop there. It's also critical that you make culturally informed design decisions so that your app corresponds to the preferences and culture of the regions you want to target.
10. Conduct Frequent Tests
The App Store and Google Play are always changing. What works now for app conversion rate optimization may not work next month, so you must test frequently to learn and evolve with the market.
Before each release, leading apps test their creative assets at least 2-4 times.At last, if you think this article is helpful to you, please share it with your friends. ASO World is always here to help you find the key to your success. Thank you for reading. Welcome to join our Facebook Group, to create a platform for those who are interested in iOS & Android app development, Apple Search Ads (ASA). You can get Coupons for our ASA/ASO service here!