Since 2015, dating app revenue has increased every year, reaching $5.61 billion in 2021. According to Industry ARC, the online dating market will reach $10.378 billion by 2026, with a CAGR of 4% from 2021 to 2026. However, the current mobile dating landscape is crowded with competitors.
Based on our ASO experience, we've discovered that the average conversion rate (CVR)
in the dating category ranges between 13%-18%. This means that 82-87% of visitors will land on your page but will not install.
The most effective way to cut through the clutter and distinguish your dating app from the competition is to constantly test your creatives and messaging with target users via App Store Optimization (ASO)
. According to our ASO case study
today, optimized app store creatives can boost conversion rates by up to 41% for both paid and organic traffic.
This dating app has been promoted for several months. It is a free singles dating app and social network where you can make new friends and meet new people, make genuine connections, chat with strangers and make new friends, or expand your professional and social network.
With the ASO World smart analytics tool and Appranking, we discovered that some keywords with low search volume and competition ranked very well. These search terms are nearly in the top five on the Google Play store, but organic traffic to the app is always too low.
The name of this app remains anonymous here to protect the privacy of our customers. To give you a better idea of the app's story we're sharing, we show one of its competitors on the Google Play Store.
App Growth Chanllenges
1. Our customers want to improve organic acquisition and conversion rate while spending as little as possible. This entails concentrating on app store optimization solutions in order to acquire as many users as possible.
2. App security, consistent ranking, and continued traffic growth This means that search traffic is diversified, and once the main keyword ranking reaches the top of the Google Play store, continuous promotion is required to maintain the ranking's stability.
Click "Learn More
" to drive your apps & games
business with ASO World app promotion
We've worked with some of the top mobile dating app publishers. We uncovered actionable and valuable ASO tips for dating apps by analyzing the behavior of over 500 million users.
Determine app's position in the mobile dating landscape.
We divide the mobile dating industry into two distinct areas, based on user motivation for downloading a specific app, in addition to user base size:
● Relationship-based apps: These are apps that are primarily used to find meaningful relationships.
● Casual-based apps are those that are primarily used to find "hookups" or other non-romantic relationships.
While these are standard metrics for all dating apps, understanding this initial segmentation gives you insight into where there is high saturation, and who your direct competitors are. By utilizing the assets on your app store page, you can to identify key opportunities for differentiating your app.
Define the unique selling proposition (USP) of dating app - this is competitive advantage.
To determine a dating app's competitive advantage, there are two major categories to consider:
● User Preferences is the first category: Does your app cater to users who have distinct or niche characteristics or interests (e.g., gender, age, religion, location, dietary restrictions, etc.)?
● The following are the app features: Is your app distinct in terms of features, functionality, or values (for example, Bumble only allows women to initiate conversations, and Once only provides one match per day)?
Optimized app store creatives and messaging
Depending on what your app's point of difference is, we start designing and optimizing app store assets and messaging to match the USP.
According to our research, the majority of dating app Galleries use one of two design styles:
● Screenshots that incorporate lifestyle imagery (e.g., real-life photos of people you can match with in the app) within the app's UI are the first style.
● The second style is screenshots, which show the app's UI without any lifestyle images.
You're selling an experience and the prospect of making an emotional connection with dating apps. This is why we've discovered that incorporating lifestyle images within app UI screenshots works best. It provides visitors with a realistic sense of the people they may meet through your app and contributes to a stronger emotional connection to your brand.
According to our data, the visitor explore rate for dating app store pages ranges between 25%-35%. Apps that can drive visitor exploration and then convert them have a competitive advantage. This is where developing a solid ASO strategy becomes critical to success.
Here we have some points to help you optimize your app store:Put your most important messages first.
The First Impression Frame (everything above the fold) is valuable real estate for showing visitors right away what your app can offer them. With only 12% of visitors scrolling through Gallery assets, it's critical that your top USP(s) are visible above the fold and in the first few Screenshots.Localize and culturally appropriate your app store page
Localizing and culturalizing your app can significantly increase its global visibility and CVR.
Aside from translating your app into multiple languages, it's critical to research and identify the most popular dating apps in each country you want to target. This gives you insight into what concepts appeal to locals in specific regions, as well as how competitors use their app store assets to attract users. It also assists you in identifying subtle cultural nuances that would otherwise go unnoticed. Consider the seasons
What your users respond well to can be greatly influenced by the time of year. During the summer, for example, users may be more receptive to images depicting outdoor dates. During the winter, and especially during the holiday season, visitors may want to see more direct messaging about finding relationships and companionship.
* Grow with our app growth solutions - choose guaranteed app ranking service
for TOP 5 app ranking acquirement
, and maximize your app traffic. Or click the "Promote Now
" above (for increase app installs
or keyword installs
for app visibility.)
The dating app industry attracts millions of users worldwide. In order to stay relevant and attract quality users, it's critical to test and optimize your app store page on a regular basis.
With our ASO strategies, this dating app boosted conversion rates by up to 41% for both paid and organic traffic. The App Viewability Score has continued to improve as a result of our efforts. Overall, the app's visibility increased by 68%.At last, if you think this article is helpful to you, please share it to your friends. Thank you for reading.