There's no denying that mobile apps have become a key tool for today's consumers who choose to connect with advertisers and brands. Different mobile apps are available to meet the needs of potential buyers, regardless of industry.
One of the best ways to market mobile apps is to work with an affiliate program and use an affiliate partner to promote and sell your app on your behalf, allowing you to reach a wide audience and mobile users in a very cost-effective way.
What's affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the technique of endorsing products (in our case, mobile apps). It is a performance-based technique where third-party publishers are rewarded for generating leads.
Over time, it has expanded into two areas to attract desktop traffic and mobile traffic consecutively. In the context of app marketing, it boils down to the motivation to get downloads and installs for mobile apps.
One can build and establish their affiliate network and make money by promoting mobile apps. And app owners can find relevant affiliates and endorse their own apps to attract more traffic.
Affiliate marketplaces play an important role in selling a wide range of products and services, especially helping companies to gain new leads, offer coupons, get more subscribers, and more.
With the development of mobile devices, new types of offers have been introduced, most commonly for mobile content, mobile subscriptions, mobile games and app installs. Let's take a closer look at each of these.
Click "Learn More" to drive your apps & games business with ASO World app promotion service now.
Types of the affiliate marketing
● Mobile content
● Mobile subscriptions
● App installs
● Mobile GamesMobile content
- With this type of offer, members can help merchants increase sales through the mobile channel. Some examples of popular digital content that affiliates help sell are music, movies, books, and audiobooks.Mobile subscriptions
- Businesses that operate on a subscription model are always looking to increase the number of subscribers to compensate for churn and increase revenue. Music and video streaming services, TV, online radio, and digital magazines are good examples of such offers.App installs
- With extensive affiliate programs covering a wide range of demographics, app developers have a powerful channel to get more app installs and build their app user base.Mobile games
- Mobile games stand out among other mobile apps due to the importance they have gained over the years. Competition is fierce as the majority of industry revenue is generated by a small number of players. In this environment, affiliate network marketing programs are critical for game developers to gain a larger user base than marketing on the App Store / Google Play marketplace would allow.
How the affiliate marketing affect your app business?
Each business has its own limitations in terms of manpower, resources and time. Therefore, it is not possible for every app owner to have direct access to users scattered across the Internet.
Therefore, affiliate marketing is a smarter and more useful technique for achieving the same goals. It helps companies to attract leads and enables service providers to make money from their lead generation capabilities.
Some application owners or seekers look for affiliate partners and pay commissions based on several monetization models and techniques. This involves quantifying data related to traffic, impressions, leads, downloads, installs, etc.
App owners get traffic and usually pay only for what they achieve. However, affiliates have readily available audience segments and earn commissions by marketing the app in their midst. Therefore, affiliate network marketing is a win-win partnership for both parties.
If you know the advertising industry, you'll notice that there are ads designed specifically for apps (such as gamified ads and native app ads). In-app traffic is a treasure trove of valuable, engaged users for mobile affiliate network marketers.
As long as you take into account the demographics of app users and the target audience for your ads, in-app traffic will provide you with a large number of pre-determined leads who have previously confirmed their interest or commitment by downloading a given app.
One of the major advantages of mobile advertising is the vast array of targeting options available to you. Compared to desktop users, smartphone users can have more targeting factors and are often more precise.
But targeting isn't just a benefit - it's a necessity. Users definitely don't want to see content that isn't relevant to them. So make sure you're presenting valuable content that's tailored to the right user.
In terms of people's mobile devices, you have a number of targeting options: carrier, Internet connection, device type, operating system.
One of the biggest benefits of mobile advertising: your traffic is actually moving.
Sure, you can identify the general area of a mobile device, but you can also take advantage of the ever-changing precise location of mobile users.
App users can receive geotargeting ads if they choose to use location services. Geotargeting used to simply target users based on their location, whether it was a country, region, city or street. But now, mobile advertisers can deliver customized content based on the metro station where they are currently located.
Geofencing is the practice of placing an ad to a mobile user when they are near a store, business or any other place that is trying to advertise. This advertising can be in the form of an SMS, email, app or social media notification.
The so-called reverse can also be applied: geological conquest. Offering specific advertising or marketing messages to users as they approach a competitor's store or business. Announcing promotions or sales to attract their attention.
User Acquisition Strategy: How to effectively drive your app traffic with the affiliate marketing?
Studies show that the average American adult spends more than three hours a day on a mobile device. more than 90% of that time is spent using mobile apps on smartphones and 77% on tablets.
These numbers are staggering, but they also make sense. Our mobile devices allow us to stay connected to the world. They are our source of information and entertainment, and in some cases can even help us be more productive.
Between playing games, browsing social media, checking email and using other apps, there's a lot we can do on our mobile devices. Ensuring that your affiliate online marketing content is mobile-friendly can help you make the most of all the time your audience spends on their smartphones.
Your approach and strategy determine the success of affiliate marketing. If you want to successfully promote your application, follow these tips.
1. Set reasonable business goals
The first and most important step to take before any marketing plan is research. Evaluate the various factors associated with the success of your application and conduct detailed research.
This may include a review of your competitors, niche markets, the nature of your application, potential consumers, etc. Use this information to set reasonable business goals.
Goals should not be short-term, but should benefit you and your business in the long run. For example, you can perform affiliate web marketing to.
- Attract more app downloads and installs
- Generate more leads, traffic and engagement
- Increase conversion rates and generate more revenue
2. Identify goals and objectives
It's important to find out the motivation behind your affiliate marketing campaign. In addition to setting reasonable goals, evaluate your campaign against various parameters.
It is important to keep optimizing it whenever and wherever possible. Set small milestones in addition to looking for the bigger picture.
Also identify your target audience and segregate it according to its nature and quality. This will help you with geo-targeting and customizing your campaigns.
For example, if you want to attract social media traffic, you can look for affiliate partners that integrate social media marketing and influencer marketing techniques.
3. Evaluate the pros and cons
Each business and marketing technique has its own advantages and disadvantages. In order to make an informed decision and make the most of your affiliate network marketing campaign, you must understand both.
While the pros and cons can vary greatly depending on the situation, the parties involved in the process, and other factors, some things usually remain the same. These may include the following.Pros.
- Incredible and unprecedented traffic growth
- Targeted plans, programs, offers and sales techniques
- Less competition than other marketing areas
- Easy customer acquisition and conversion
- Results- and traffic-driven costs and fees
- Multiple options for scaling globally
- Varied, diverse and fragmented traffic reach
- Lack of control over consumers and competition
- High dependence on third-party service providers
- Difficult to distinguish between legitimate and dormant customers
- No guarantee of long-term results and active users
4. Choosing the right affiliate
Finding the right affiliate is critical, as some companies will try to trick you, while others are simply incompatible with your business. To narrow your search, look for the following qualities.
- Mobile friendly: Since you want to promote your application, mobile-friendly is a must.
- Well-connected: Your member network should connect to key members that really help promote your brand. After all, only one out of every 100 affiliates will get high revenue numbers.
- Ethical: Ethics are important, so make sure you engage in affiliate marketing techniques for online promotion. Research the reputation of your affiliate network to make sure you are not participating in a network that will negatively impact your company.
- Cost-effective: Some large affiliate networks can provide you with more reach, but sometimes choosing a smaller niche network can better help you expand your brand within your industry. Quality is more important than quantity in this regard, as maintaining brand awareness will help you achieve your marketing goals. Don't just look for the cheapest option, but look for the one that will give you the most bang for your buck.
- Flexibility: You want to be able to choose which brands to promote your application with, rather than getting stuck with affiliates that you are not connected with. You should look at the various bonus factors for affiliates, including clicks, views, sales and installs, not just clicks.
- Legitimacy: Be wary of deals that look too good to be true, including affiliates that offer well above average numbers for revenue per click. Make sure the daily conversion rate is in your expected range. Some affiliates use duplicate IP addresses that can lead to a lot of conversions, so be careful.