User Behavioral Analytics (UBA)
What is User Behavior Analytics (UBA)?User Behavior Analytics (UBA) focuses on what the user is doing: apps launched, network activity, and, most critically files accessed (when the file or email was touched, who touched it, what was done with it and how frequently).
UBA technology searches for patterns of usage that indicate unusual or anomalous behavior — regardless of whether the activities are coming from a hacker, insider, or even malware or other processes.
Why do I need User Behavior Analytics (UBA) as an app marketers?
- From rich data and uninstall tracking, app marketers can engage their app growth easier, fully understand who your users are, and what they do in your app.
- Track user flows to pinpoint your app’s friction points and increase conversions. Get answers to: where do customers drop off during checkout? How long do users take to become subscribers?
- Turn user data into actionable insights. Uncover underlying patterns in user behavior, compare trends across user groups, and set up advanced filters to zero in on high-value segments.
- Get customizable analytics and advanced data visualization tools. Or study our relevant insights to clear the trends, create custom metrics, and mine even more gold from your customer data.
- To measure performance and remarketing - everything from revenue generated to churn rates.
Since You’ve decided UBA is a good investment, how do you get up and running? Begin with finding the right reason to invest in a User Behavior Analytics. Are you concerned about detecting threats? Are you worried about an insider threat? Is one department underperforming? Are employees within a department overworked? Are you concerned your processes are not scaling well with your company?It’s important to ask the right questions before purchasing your UBA software, such as:
How to Get Started with User Behavior Analytics Tools?
- What are our Needs?
- Is it providing the data you need?
- Is it tailorable to my needs?
- Can you extract the data you need?
- Can it integrate with your existing systems? How well?
- How long will the implementation take?
- How much of Implementation is on us? Can we do it?
- Can our Non-tech-savvy users work the program?
- Budget Considerations?
- What are our Needs?
It’s important to get the answers to these questions early in the investigation process, as they will be significant roadblocks if one of these questions remains unanswered.