Mobile User Acquisition Measurement
What is Mobile User Acquisition?Mobile user acquisition (UA) - is the process of marketing your apps or games to acquiring new users.
Mobile App user acquisition strategies is focus on driving your apps' creative design, Google play and app store optimization techs to generate app installs. The user acquisition is usually achieved via advertising ways and promotional channels as ASO, social media, and so on.
User acquisition is essential for your app because without UA finding and converting new users into paying customers is extremely difficult. Given the current level of competition in the app stores, we recommend you choose paid promotion ways together with the app store organic channels. Planning an effective app user acquisition strategy uses data to pinpoint successful trends and patterns and eliminate the guesswork that often results in wasted ad spend.
It is important to note, accessing the mobile app data can be challenging at times due to the lack of transparency in the app ecosystems. Understanding the true source of an app install could be extremely difficult at times.
What about the Mobile User Acquisition Measurement?The most important metrics for acquiring users to your mobile app are the number of app installs and install rate. These two metrics are by far the easiest way to tell if your app is something that people find valuable, and therefore whether it has a shot to be successful. However, it is also important to consider other metrics that deal with cost:
- Cost per install (CPI): This is becoming increasingly expensive, not an efficient way to gain valuable users.
- Lifetime Value (LTV): Calculated profit that a customer will bring your products over time.
- Cost per action (CPA): The cost of getting an old or new customer to convert. Nomally, CPA used to measure your Ads performance.
- ROI: It refers to return on investment.
- Cost per 1000 impressions (CPM): Usually for display ads. The supplier charge for the number of your ad be impressions.
- Conversion rate(CVR): The conversion rate is a number of downloads (installs) divided by the number of impressions an app's product page or listing receives (exposure). It nomally refers to the proportion of store visitors that download your app after viewing its page – as a key ASO metric to monitor.
- Customer acquisition cost (CAC): Total acquisition costs divided by total new customers.