Mobile Audience Segmentation
What is the mobile audience segmentation?The mobile audience segmentation is a progress to establish a group of potential and/or existing users based on specific, which can be targeted with bullseye accuracy. Segments can be incredibly granular, depending on the platform you’re using. In audience segmentation, data is the gift that keeps on giving. With every subgroup you create, you can test to find the personalized messages that work best and continually iterate to find ones that work even better.
When you master segmentation, each layer of interaction with every single user and each point of contact is rooted in shrewd segmentation.
There are lots of ways to segment an audience:
How to do the mobile audience segmentation?
- Geographic: Country, state, city, and sometimes even down to a specific zip code; Geographic mobile data is rooted in what users have already input into apps, e.g. Facebook app users who have indicated they live in San Francisco.
- Location-based: Based on the device’s GPS signal, where a user actually is at the time an ad can be served, e.g. the user is within a specific radius of a storefront.
- Demographic: Gender, age, income, e.g. female users aged 50 and over with an income of over $200,000.
- Psychographic: Values and interests, e.g. users who routinely install and engage with news apps or content.
- Technographic: The pint-sized tech stack in every mobile device.
- Behavioral: What users actually do on their phones, for how long, and with what results, e.g. mobile gamers who tend to engage with games for 20 minutes or more in a session and have made at least 2 in-app purchases.
- Attitude: The attitude of consumers refers to their values, personal interests, lifestyle choices, and user sentiment. It can offer insights into the tone of your content, uncover brand propensity, and help advertisers get into their customer’s frame of mind.
Facebook targeting capabilities are considered unrivaled. It offers three options when it comes to creating custom audiences:
- Core Audiences: Allows you to set parameters for location, behavior, demographics, connections, and interests
- Custom Audiences: Leverages your own data extracted from your CRM and/or email lists, your site’s visitors, or your app’s existing users (for the latter you deploy Facebook’s SDK)
- Lookalike Audiences: Targets users that are similar to the ones you already have.
Apple Search Ads leverages keywords to allow marketers to present ads to users with a high level of search intent. The platform also enables targeting by GEO, age, gender, customer types (all, new, returning, users of my other apps), and device type (only among iPhones and iPads of course).
Reach Your Most Profitable CustomersMarketers need to establish criteria for the customers they find to be the most profitable and build out corresponding audience segments. With highly-targeted campaigns, potential buyers can turn into customers and current customers into loyal brand advocates, again and again.
To increase the success of mobile marketing efforts, it allow marketers to extract key mobile audience segmentation attributes for a deeper understanding of ideal consumers. Highly targeted campaigns will have a better chance of resonating with consumers, helping to eliminate budget waste and improve profits.