Mobile App Engagement
What is mobile app engagement?Mobile app engagement measures the degree of user interaction with an app. For example, high mobile app engagement means users are in-app for long periods of time. Understanding your mobile app engagement gives you good insight into how to improve functionality, retain a loyal user base, and optimize monetization strategy.
Setting up your mobile app engagement campaignThe key to a good mobile app engagement campaign is being able to balance quality and scale. Cost per engagement (CPE) is a pricing model in which app advertisers choose a post-install event and only pay for users who engage in that specific event: such as, playing the game once or reaching Level 5. With a CPE campaign, app advertisers ensure that users will engage with critical events within the app, making it a crucial factor for setting up mobile app engagement.
Mobile app engagement metrics
- Average session duration - How long your average user will spend on your app within one session
- Session interval - The time-span between one app session and the next
- Retention rate - How loyal your user base is over a longer period of time
- Churn rate - How many users uninstalled your app
- App rating - The average rating your users grant your app
How to increase mobile app engagement?
- Smooth onboarding - You want your users to feel comfortable and informed when trying your app, especially for the first time. Try guiding your users screen-by-screen and give clear instructions.
- Maintain a frequent stream of new content and features - Use the app’s reviews and ratings to continuously improve and update your app according to what the user wants.
- Build customized funnels based on user segments - Divide an app’s user base into groups based on their behaviors and demographics. Doing this will allow you to customize the user’s experience.