Technology in the 20th Century is a great contributor to changing the world Perception and Scenario. It's not only the best Contributor to the IT sector but also the Healthcare sector.
Mobile Medical App is one of the best examples which is booming the healthcare sector because smartphones and other mobile applications or "apps" are being utilized in many areas of healthcare: education, health management, data management, health information, and other workflow processes.
As you all are well aware of Mobile medical apps, are a special category of apps that need to be developed and also promoted with great care.
With the direct impact on our lives, healthcare has become one of the largest growing industries today. There are already web and mobile apps that fill different roles, from providing access to information saved in different databases to managing communication between doctors and patients, monitoring their state, and scheduling appointments in clinics.
Those who wonder how to create a health app may have some or all of the following questions. Is there still a market for healthcare apps? Should you opt to develop a medical app? How has the healthcare business model changed? What types of healthcare apps exist today?
As a trusted healthcare app development company, we're here to answer your questions. In this article, you will find an explanation of how to build a medical app supported by a real example of the backend in the working healthcare app.
Why invest in-app marketing?
Healthcare marketers are finally buying into what analysts call the mobile mind shift – an expectation held by 4 out of 10 U.S. customers that your organization will offer them a user-friendly mobile app.
As consumers research health information on mobile, they seek trusted resources for that information, according to a 2013 Makovsky-Kelton survey. Their physician and healthcare provider are still viewed as the most trusted source of health advice.
Aware of this demand and trust, more healthcare providers are either already offering or actively considering offering branded mobile apps to their patients and employees. However, building and publishing your hospital app is only the first step in your mobile journey.
Click "Learn More
" to drive your apps & games business with ASO World app promotion service now.
Mobile medical apps market size worth USD 17.61 Billion by 2027
The Global Mobile Medical Apps Market is estimated to be worth USD 17.61 Billion by 2027, according to the latest evaluation by Emergen Research.
The rise in the level of awareness among patients regarding the benefits of mobile medical apps, growth in personalized medicine, and the rise in the need for point-of-care diagnosis & treatment are propelling the demand for the market.
The aim of the market is to empower patients with information, help in reducing cost increases access throughout the system, including clinics and hospitals. It also promotes decision-making outcomes and supply data for predictive modeling. The growing penetration of 3G and 4G networks are a major driver of the mobile medical apps market.
The surge in demand for smartphones for various healthcare applications, such as health management, health education, health information, data management, and relative workflow processes, will boost the market demand.
Several mobile phone apps have been manufactured to monitor the health of the patient and offer relative data to physicians. The advent of modern age technology is propelling market growth as it saves time and provides various benefits in remote areas.
- Mobile medical apps are applicable to the emergency medicine segment. Consumers have installed medical apps on their smartphones to avoid any fatal situation and contact experts in critical scenarios.
- Fee-Based subscriptions held a significant share, which allows customers to hop-on and hop-off a service whenever they want. It provides customers the flexibility to try new products and services and conveniently switch services.
- The iPhone is one of the most popular platforms, and the increasing launch of medical apps that are compatible with iOS is driving the demand for the segment. The development of fee-based subscription apps is fostering the market demand.
- The healthcare system is battling with an increased geriatric population globally. The recently developed medical apps are the most effective and globally accepted technology that aids patients across the world, especially in the Asia Pacific region.
As always, first, check out what your competitors are doing on the market. By doing so, you can discover ideal monetization solutions for your new medical app.
When looking at the Medical app category, the Free category is ruled by the popular apps that provide services without any charges, not even in-app purchases. However, we observed that premium and paid apps have unique tools that efficiently convince users to download the app.
However, at the top positions, we noticed that most apps were free with in-app purchases. We were unable to find any special pattern because the monetization strategy differs from brand to brand, and each app owner has a different strategy as per their users and data.
What's the best way to promote your Medical app?
There is no "best" way. You must employ multiple tactics to crack the success code. Simply relying on word of mouth is not enough -- you need to ensure that you are using multiple channels to reach your different audiences and typically this will involve using a combination of some of the mobile & digital marketing tactics below.
Native App Store marketing
Since its inception, the native app storefronts have been the most powerful merchandising and promotional vehicle for app discovery. With the app stores being so influential, it is incredibly important to understand how to use them to your advantage.
Success starts with setting up a proper product page that uses effective keywords and is categorised appropriately. Pay attention to the comments you get from reviews and ratings. This feedback, whether good or bad, can give you an idea of what is working and what you'll need to change.
Your product page is a marketing opportunity
Be sure to put some thought into the elements that make up your product page in the app store. Don't treat this as just a mandatory step in the submission process, but rather an important marketing opportunity.
Remember, all parts of this page need to be geared towards one goal – download. Your name, icon, description and screenshots are tools you have to convince the user to download your application. Make sure you use all options available to their full potential.Some quick tips:
- If you are not an already established brand, then choose an app name that is relevant to your app's purpose.
- Your app icon is your logo so make sure it is creative, high quality and represents what your app is all about.
- Upload as many screenshots as possible, prioritising those that showcase your features and content.
- Don't waste screenshots on loading screens or standard device processes like calling, texting or shutting down – focus on your app.
- Include an app explainer video as many app stores now allow you to include them, a well-done demo of your application goes a long way to converting the audience to a user.
Don't forget your keywords
The app stores search algorithms and their use of metadata is still somewhat a mystery. What we do know is that optimising your description and utilising keywords does make a difference. Some app stores like to provide fields to input keywords of up to 100 characters. If this is available, use it!When selecting your keywords:
- Start first with keywords you may already have from your search engine optimization efforts.
- You don't need to include your app name.
- Many developers believe that you only need commas to separate, not spaces, which should free up some characters.
- Select keywords that will maximize results – avoid general terms and use words relevant to your app's niche and purpose.
- Additionally, write your app description including all of your keywords. List your features, your content and even go as far as including the types of users or scenarios you feel your audience may use to search for an app.
Choose your category strategically
When it comes to choosing a category for your app within the store, do your homework. Perform searches to see where your competitors show up. Look in the categories you feel you would most fit to see what apps are featured.
You will want to choose a category that is a logical choice for your audience to find you. But be on the lookout for opportunities that will allow you to stand out. Categories with fewer total apps or that have little to no other apps with your offering may be better suited to provide you the visibility you need.
Reviews & ratings can be the key to climbing the charts
When a user enters the app store they make most of their download decisions in the list view. Here they are given only a couple of things to help them make their decision: app name, icon, price and the rating and number of reviews.
Ratings and reviews aren't just great vehicles to collect feedback on yours, they also help your app stand out on the list. Apps with more activity (ratings and reviews) are more likely to be tapped on than those that have no star ratings or comments.
Additionally, app stores have started to factor in activity (ratings and reviews) as part of the criteria used to build the merchandising areas – like the top chart. Actively encourage feedback from users. Include a call to action in your app, your webpage and social networks to request reviews and ratings.
Create an area in your "About" or "Info" area of your app that has a link to review and rate your app. Consider a timed pop-up to appear in the app while the user is interacting with it to remind them to give feedback. Make getting feedback from your users a core part of your on-going marketing efforts for your app.
There are also specific healthcare and medical app review sites like iMedicalApps and Medical App Journal that you should submit your app to for a review.